Saturday 11 September 2010

My Favourite Movies!

Another one!


This is one of those movies that I never get tired of watching! I could watch that opening sequence over and over again-a gorgeous Audrey Hepburn walking through New York as dawn breaks, with the beautiful Moon River playing in the background-it brings tears to my eyes!
This movie is obviously widely known for the iconic image of Audrey in her LBD, clutching the cigarette in her gloved fingers, which is kind of strange, considering that this never actually occurs in the movie! I remember watching the movie for the first time, and straight afterward saying,'What happened? When did Audrey smoke the cigarette? Did I miss something?'! I wasn't all that disappointed though-I did watch it again the very next day!


I think George and Audrey have wonderful chemistry-one of my favourite Hollywood romances! Really, they are so sweet together-especially in the shoplifting scene! I've always wanted to recreate that scene, but I obviously don't want to get arrested for stealing, so unfortunately that dream will never come true! 
Now, the verdict-great story, great acting, great score...GREAT EVERYTHING!

No comments: