Tuesday 14 September 2010

5 Great Movies (And 2 Mini-Series!) To Watch When You're Sick!

The thing is, I was sick today, and as I was sick I was sent home from school, and as I was sent home from school I decided to use my free time wisely and catch-up on some movie watching and hopefully find a cure. So, without further ado, here are my 5 great movies (and 2 mini-series) to watch when you're the sick.

The Movies

1.High Society

My lovely mother swears by this movie. She seriously does think it is the answer to everything. And she's right, you know.

2.Rebel Without A Cause


If you're feeling down in the dumps just put this DVD in the player to remind there is always someone out there who is worse off than you. And a little James Dean never did anyone any harm.

3.Duck Soup


Some people believe the answer to sickness is chicken soup. I totally disagree. I think it is Duck Soup!

4.Calamity Jane


Dearest Doris and Handsome Howard-need I say more?!

5.North By Northwest


Don't feel like venturing past your bedroom door? Then don't. Instead watch Archie Leach venture his whole way across America!

The Mini-Series

I am aware that this is a classic movie blog, and these are technically modern series, but I just had to include them!

1. Pride and Prejudice (1995)


Really this is good to watch in any given situation, but especially when you're ill. When does Pride and Prejudice not make you feel better? 

2.Little Dorrit 


I remember watching this last Boxing Day when I wasn't feeling too good (probably had just eaten too much the day before!), and even before the first episode was over I was feeling as right as rain. So really, you simply must watch this-the story is wonderful and the acting is just...wow.

So, these are the movies I believe you should watch when you're ill-so check them out! 

(Note to self:must stop writing rhetorical questions!)

No comments: