Friday 31 December 2010

You Can't Have Christmas Without...

Clarence getting his wings and George Bailey realising he really has got a wonderful life (see what I did there?).


It's A Wonderful Life is the ultimate feel-good movie...even though it may take a lot of tears and tissues and runny noses before you actually 'feel good' about it (and don't lie-I know you all have a little cry while you watch!).
The whole cast is fantastic-even the children are great! George Bailey has become an iconic character, as well as Mr. Potter, who I've recently begun to call the most evil movie villain of all time (the guy's pretty darn evil). But there is one character who simply cannot be forgotten-Clarence, George's guardian angel. Henry Travers portrays him brilliantly-he's just how you would imagine your guardian angel to be.
Many people have named this the greatest Christmas movie of all time. And you know what? I think they might just be right.


PS-I've finally finished this Christmas series. I quite enjoyed it-did you?

4 comments:

Terence Towles Canote said...

One of the greatest movies of all time and one of the best tests to see if someone is a pod person. IF they don't cry during It's a Wonderful Life, they're definitely a pod!

QUB English Society said...

Terry, I'm starting to think you, Millie and I should write a blog post about our 'Test To See If You're A Pod Person'. ;-P

Anonymous said...

Confession: I didn't cry a bit that time I watched It's a Wonderful Life, possibly because my mother said scathing things throughout the film. I was only 10, but I still don't think it would start the waterworks for me!

QUB English Society said...

Emm, are you a pod person? Haha, only kidding! ;-P