Thursday 30 December 2010

You Can't Have Christmas Without...

Mark showing up at Juliette's door with those placards. 


Yes, Niamhy The Old Romantic is back! Seriously though-I dare you to watch this and not feel all slushy inside! Even if you hate this movie with a passion, you can not help but feel for poor Mark-in love with his best friend's wife. Wouldn't you hate to be in his situation?

Here's the scene-oh, wait! I advise you grab some tissues first, just in case!

(Unfortunately I can't embed it on the blog, but here's the link-WATCH IT!)


I'm not sure how I can connect this to classic movies. Could this one day become a classic romance scene? This remains to be seen, but it is in my eyes one of the greatest romantic moments of all time.


PS-LAST CHRISTMAS POST TOMORROW! I PROMISE!

4 comments:

Terence Towles Canote said...

I think Love Actually is on its way to becoming a classic. It's one of those few modern films that clssic film buffs love. And I know a whole lot of people who love it. As for me, I think Mark wound up with Juliette in the end, and Peter found someone else. It's the only way to keep me from totally breaking down at Mark's situation.

QUB English Society said...

I tried to keep our little story in my mind when I watched it last night...it didn't really work. I was still a total mess.

Raquel Stecher said...

I actually love, Love, Actually. It's one of my favorite movies and I've seen it every year ever since I watched it the first time at the theaters when it came out. I have to say, this is one of the scenes I like the least. Mostly because I can't stand Kiera Knightley! It is a very sweet gesture though and a good way to confess his repressed feelings and just move on. I think it wraps up his storyline very well!

My favorite love story is between the Prime Minister and Natalie. I even got a red coat just like hers so I can say "where the F is my F-ing coat" when I'm looking for it. ha!

QUB English Society said...

I love how you started your comment-clever! ;-P

I can only stand Keira Knightley in small doses, but I could stand Andrew Lincoln 'til the end of the world (he played Edgar in Wuthering Heights, and I just thought he was brilliant)!

The story between the Prime Minister and Natalie is so sweet! And every time my mum and I watch it, we ALWAYS comment on Natalie's coat.

PS-I would love to say that when I'm looking for my coat, but I think my mother would probably bury me alive. ;-P