Monday 20 December 2010

Bobby Darin:Not Forgotten

On this very day 37 years ago, the world lost a great performer and wonderful soul: Bobby Darin.

I dare say I don't have to tell you all how huge an admirer I am, so I'll just say that I'm glad that his music still lives on all these years later, not only with the people who were around during Bobby's time, but with the newer generation as well (I'm not pointing any fingers, ahem, Millie and I, ahem, HUMUNGOUS fans, ahem) and hope that the music continues to live on for many years to come!

Continue to rest in peace, Bobby.


I leave you with my favourite Bobby song, That's All. Hope you enjoy it-I know I will for the gazillionth time!

9 comments:

Millie said...

:'(

Lovely post.

QUB English Society said...

Thanks, deary. :'(

Alessandra said...

So sad that he passed. Great post about him. Thanks a lot for your birthday wishes!

QUB English Society said...

Thank you!

And you're welcome!

:-P

Anonymous said...

Aww, that's one of Bobby's songs? I've heard Michael Buble do it, and I just love his very soft, romantic version. I confess, I like it better than Bobby's swingin' original. Buble's crooning just makes me melty. ;D

QUB English Society said...

I think Nat King Cole sang it first (but I may be wrong!), and Bobby's really the only person who sings it like this!

I've heard Buble's version. But I'm biased and prefer Bobby's! ;-P

Anonymous said...

Well, Buble's done more than one Bobby song -- He's done Mack the Knife too. So, Buble does Sinatra, Dino, Bobby, and who knows who else. Strangely, I haven't been listening to him much though...Too in love with Dino right now I guess. His music makes me so happy!

QUB English Society said...

Dino is wonderful. He's freakin' Dean Martin! (Second time I've said that tonight...)

Buble does everyone, really! He's done The Beatles, Van Morrison...yep, everybody! ;-P

Lollipop said...

Love this clip from "Dan Raven." Hot and sexy. He's still The ONE.