Saturday 9 July 2011

My New Growing Obsession...WITH EDITH PIAF!

I probably use the term 'fan-girl' too loosely. In actual fact, I'm a fan-girl of few things, but when I fan-girl I properly FAN-GIRL. AND I'M NOT ASHAMED TO SAY IT! Among my obsessions, as you can probably tell from my blog, are The (Ever-Lovely, Totally Awesome, Proud To Be A Toner) Overtones, The (Twistin'-N-Shoutin') Beatles, Bobby (I Dazzle You With That Footwork) Darin and Alfred (The Master Of Suspense) Hitchcock. I have no idea why I just put those little...I don't even know what they are...in the middle of my obsessions...it's probably because I'm completely Abby Normal (thank you for reminding me of that, Rosie!)...it's probably not.

THE OVERTONES!
THE BEATLES!
BOBBY!

ALFIE HITCH!
(There are more wee obsessions of mine, but I cannot think of them at this particular moment of time.)

But I feel a new passion a-brewin'...and it cannot be stopped...it's rushing through my veins...I sing her songs everywhere I go...and I don't even know what half the words mean...my new object-of-fangirling is...EDITH PIAF!

I need that mic in my life
Even just writing this post I'm singing 'Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien' under my breath, attempted vibrato and all! IT'S ADDICTIVE! Okay, so maybe I'm just making the sounds she's making most of the time (I'm not fluent in French...YET!), but I find her music so beautifully romantic and powerful. Maybe it's the language, maybe it's the music, maybe it's Edith's unique voice...I don't know, but whatever it is, it has completely got me hooked.


I leave you with my favourite Edith song (oh so very cliché, I know, but it's gotta be La Vie En Rose!), and assure you that you will no doubt be seeing more of Ms. Piaf on this blog in the future.

All together now! 'QUAND IL ME PREND DANS SES BRAS, IL ME PARLE TOUT BAS, JE VOIS LA VIE EN ROSE!' Sigh...



(I don't own this! Just to clear that up! ;-P)

PS-THE IRISH LEPRECHAUN IS BACK! AND (HOPEFULLY) TO STAY!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Ah, I'm obsessed with them all too - except for Bobby Darin, whom I just love, and The Overtones, because I never heard of them.

But Edith Piaf is a great thing to obsess over, I've been devouring french music for a couple of years and she is exquisite.

QUB English Society said...

Well, I can make Bobby Love turn to Bobsession... ;-P Hahaha! And The Overtones are like a doo-wop group, singing songs from the 50s and 60s as well as songs they've written themselves in that style. They're marvellous! :-P

YAY! HAPPY OBSESSING! :-P

Shana said...

Hi! I'm a new reader to your blog and I have to add that Edith Piaf is definitely worth obsessing over. And, no matter how cliche, I think La vie en Rose will always be my favorite tune.

Also, I must mention that I recently discovered The Overtones and am quickly falling in love with them too.

QUB English Society said...

HELLO, LOVELY NEW READER! La Vie En Rose is just too gorgeous NOT to be your favourite Edith tune! IT'S SO PRETTY! :')

They're very easy to fall in love with, aren't they?! And not only are they uber-talented, but they're super-nice people too! Where can you possibly go wrong?

Please stop by again soon...I'm a serious chatter-box and love replying to everyone's comments! :-P